Kirsanov Roman Sergeevich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Leisure at any historical stage is often associated with privacy and some freedom. But at the Stalin’s time, leisure was combined with various forms of its deliberate, purposeful regulation by the state. There has not been any special researches reflected in historical literature regarding the leisure organization of workers in Middle Volga region. The purpose of the article is to consider organized leisure forms of workers from Middle Volga region in 1928–1937.
Materials and methods. The methodological basis of the study included the principles of historicism and objectivity. When writing the work, general scientific methods of description, analysis, synthesis, etc., as well as specific methods of historical research, including problem-chronological, comparative-historical, logical ones were used.
Results. The main forms of leisure of workers from the Middle Volga in 1928– 1937 were investigated. The positive and negative aspects of the organization of cultural pastime of the proletariat at industrial enterprises have been revealed.
Conclusions. Organized forms of leisure satisfied the needs of urban workers in recreation and entertainment, but at the same time they were actively politicized under the pressure of party-state structures.
workers, Middle Volga region, culture, leisure, working clubs, proletarian tourism, theater, cinema
1. O perekhode na nepreryvnoe proizvodstvo v predpriyatiyakh i uchrezhdeniyakh Soyuza SSR: postanovlenie SNK SSSR ot 26.08.1929 [On transition to continuous production at factories and organizations of the USSR: the ordinance of CPC USSR from
26.08.1929]. Moscow, 1929, 1 p.
2. O nepreryvnoy proizvodstvennoy nedele v uchrezhdeniyakh: postanovlenie SNK SSSR ot 21.11.1931 № 984 [On continuous production weeks at organizations: the ordinance of CPC USSR from 21.11.1931 № 984]. Moscow, 1931, 1 p.
3. Lebedev-Patreyko V. I. Byudzhet vremeni rabochey sem'i [Time budget of a laboring family]. Leningrad: LNIIKKh, 1933, 150 p.
4. Kirsanov R. S., Kamardin I. N. Istoriya: fakty i simvoly [History: facts and symbols]. 2017, no. 1 (10), pp. 7–13.
5. KPSS o kul'ture, prosveshchenii i nauke: sb. dokumentov [CPSS on culture, education and science: collected documents]. Comp. by: V. S. Viktorov, A. S. Kon'kova, D. A. Parfenov. Moscow: Politizdat, 1963, 552 p.
6. Lenin V. I. Polnoe sobranie sochineniy: v 55 t. [Complete collection of works: in 55 volumes]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1958, vol. 44, p. 726.
7. Iskusstvo kino [The art of cinema]. 1964, no. 4.
8. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1928, 14 Dec.
9. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Samarskoy oblasti (GASO) [State Archive of Samara Region (GASO)]. F. R-2521. Op. 4. D. 929.
10. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Penzenskoy oblasti (GAPO) [State Archive of Penza Region (GAPO)]. F. R-2394. Op. 1. D. 1535.
11. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1928, 6 Dec.
12. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Rossiyskoy Federatsii (GARF) [State Archive of the Russian Federation (GARF)]. F. R-373. Op. 21. D. 49.
13. Samarskiy oblastnoy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv sotsial'no-politicheskoy istorii (SOGASPI) [Samara Regional State Archive of Sociopolitical History (SOGASPI)]. F. R-13. Op. 1. D. 3.
14. SOGASPI. F. R-9431. Op. 2. D. 64.
15. SOGASPI. F. R-9431. Op. 2. D. 65.
16. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Ul'yanovskoy oblasti (GAUO) [State Archive of Ulyanovsk Region (GAUO)]. F. R-454. Op. 1. D. 238.
17. Klimochkina A. Yu. Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Samara State University]. 2006, no. 10/1 (50), pp. 86–93.
18. SOGASPI. F. R-714. Op. 1. D. 148.
19. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1930, 7 Febr.
20. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1930, 29 May.
21. Trudovaya pravda [Labor truth]. 1931, 16 Jan.
22. SOGASPI. F. R-1141. Op. 41. D. 178.
23. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1929, 28 May.
24. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1930, 10 Jun.
25. Trudovaya pravda [Labor truth]. 1928, 1 Febr.
26. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1928, 1 Jan.
27. SOGASPI. F. R-9432. Op. 2. D. 62.
28. Volzhskaya kommuna [The Volga commune]. 1929, 2 Febr.
29. SOGASPI. F. R-9362. Op. 2. D. 83.